Tuesday 21 June 2005

Our Memories

My cousin, jacqueline wrote an afterthought in her blog regarding my 25 May entry about our granny. Her words were really touching and it moved me. Those are memory that we shared together. Things that we hold on to dearly. As long as we rememder, she will never leave us. Some nite i still dreamt of her. Often I would find my pillow wet from crying. Coz when she left in my dream, it was almost like she died all over again......sigh I have never tell this to anyone but now i feel like sharing......anyway... Here is an extract fro her blog:
I miss my gran too...I can recall gran askin us the chinese words too!!! And most of the time Jack n I will be sayin " bo3 dai2"-- duno... our chinese were horrible.. only my cousin's chinese is good.
I remember us at my cousin's house... singing Karaoke... singin Teresa Teng's famous songs... gran listening to us... sayin how nice yenwei sound... Gran realli nice.. Gran used to sing to us too... hainanese songs... which i can grasp nothing out of... She will sing n clap her hands on her lap... nodding her head at the same time... all with a nice rhythm... so lovely rite?

Gran loves her milo.. Gran loves her colour cards... the "4 se4 pai".. is tt correct?
Gran is always dressed in nice collared up 2 pcs. Long sleeve top n long pants. Its nice ok... Very nice... Very well dressed... the collars are like those u find on cheong sums... Seems very uncomfortable types... but gran wears em with ease... The prints are nice.. got flowers one... My gran stands tall... She's very tall... Her legs are long... And she is amazing!! I think i once saw gran sit on the railings before!!! At the bus terminal!! We were waitin for the bus home after her game of cards... She is superb... other grans sit on the low railings... she sit high on the top railings... get wat i mean? hah... nvm... i know can le...

She wears specs... and her cookin is the best! I love her steam fish. the one with the black soy bean or something... even my mum cant cook as nice as hers... I miss it....

Haiz.. Ah po is my pillow n i m her pillow... Some nights we share her bed... Me hugging her...

Nong bei ah po...



PS : I do rememder some of the Hainanese rhythm that she told us actually. ha ha one which is about building a house. I asked granny to teach me and explained to me line by line. (knowing that she wont be long wi us and i wanted something that i can hold on to) I juz recited it to my mum not long ago. ha ha she looked impressed. ha ha

No comments: