Sunday 6 July 2008

环岛追追追


绿意盎然
On Saturday, my friends and I went for a long walk that were organized by X-Trekker. The walk started at 9+ am from HarbourFront MRT all the way to Clementi MRT, covering the newly opened Southern Ridges trail that connects Mt Faber, Telok Blangah Park, Hort Park and Kent Ridge Park. The walk then continued to cover West Coast Park and Clementi Woods as well.
I was chatting with the leader about where to find Durian trees. It was a interesting chat. =) According to him, it is durian season now. No wonder, my dad has been bringing back Durians lately. heehee If I m not mistaken, my living area used to have quite a few fruit plantations and durain trees are found in the parks /forested area. The local durian is smaller in size but super tasty. In my opinion better than those sold in stall. =p

一整片蓝天。。。

... then its started raining afer Kent Rigde park.

We didnt finish the full trek. After lunch at NUS, we gave up and waved the white flag. It was already 1+ and we have walked for 4 hrs. VERY VERY TIRED. =O
It was a good walk. But till now, my legs are still aching. See how unfit I am. =P

记忆中 的游乐园。。。。
After the walk, we continued our journey from west to East side of the island. My friend held a Chalet for her youngest child 1st birthday.
There is a playground right outside the chalet. Bought back so much memories. We grew up playing these. The material is so cool to lay on especially on a hot hot day. The designs were so much creative than the new one nowadays.


Birthday door gift ....


and Kidz food.....



..... at the end of the day, we were dead tired. But like all night out, no one can have a good sleep. haha.....we were even trying to spook each other with those unexplained sound in the night.......

No comments: